Okay. There is this very stupid notion that foodies are fat. Oh person who thinks that way! I hate to break it to you. Loving food has nothing to do with how much you can eat (alone). There is this saying that Quality trumps Quantity and that's what I am talking about. Trying different variety of food is also an activity via which a person can show their love. And I preach so much because I fall into that category.
The category of persons who love ordering and tasting different things but too scared to do so because they don't wanna waste food and be a threat to the society. ( No , that didn't escalate. Food wastage is an endemic we can ill afford)
Writing is how I express emotions. And what better emotion to express about than the express one I have towards food? I am going to share the pictures of and give reviews of the yum food I tasted in the awesome restaurants I happened to visit in the last few days. Belt up! The ride is fun , I swear.
1. IDDOS , KOTHRUD , PUNE
check it here
|4 feet dosa|
|GHEE RIDDEN PONGAL|
Okay. Now that I have your eyeballs glued to the screen , let me begin. After a month of spending time away from home , nothing speaks to you more than your home food. South India is where I come from and IDDOS is hands down the best restaurant to have south Indian food in Pune. While the likes of Vaishali and Wadeshwar suffer from a case of severe overratedness , Iddos goes about serving awesome food quietly.
Things to eat :
1) 4 feet dosa : Crispy , looong dosa with yummy tomato chutney. The sambhar wasn't that great but better than most. They also serve coconut and green chutney. Didn't like the green chutney.
2) Pongal : One of the few places which serve pongal in Pune. If you're a fan of ghee you're in for a big treat! Just melts in your mouth :')
3) Molagapodi idli : Tiny button idlis marinated and drenched in chilly powder is just what you need to lift your day to the next level
4) Filter coffee: Nowhere near my grandmom's coffee :P but way better than your garden variety bru. Seeing the manual filter and davara tumbler ( cup and saucer) set just lifts your heart.
2. Picantos Mexican Grill , Aundh , Pune :
check it here
|Went with the whole squad|
|Creamy chicken Mini bowl and chicken enchiladas|
|Cinnamon dusted churros in chocolate sauce|
A nice restaurant to go with your friends. They had games like monopoly , scrabble and Uno. Also , they served very quickly when we kept hitting them with volume,
What to try :
1) Cheesy chicken mini bowl : Surprisingly fresh for the amount of cheese involved , lots of fresh veggies , chicken , rice and of course cheese!
2) Tacos: Yummy tortilla shells stuffed with the perfect blend of kidney beans , chicken , tomato salsa and sauce! Dish of the day
3) Chicken Enchiladas: Jam packed with flavor and cheese. This one is a keeper!
4) Churros: An interesting eat. While the churros and chocolate sauce were yum , your affinity towards cinnamon ultimately decides if this dish is a hit or a miss.
What I am having today :-
So the cook took a holiday today. So ordered in bomber chicken burger with coke from Rush hrs , kothrud , Pune! I shall update on that soon.