Skip to main content

Because..food!


Okay. There is this very stupid notion that foodies are fat. Oh person who thinks that way! I hate to break it to you. Loving food has nothing to do with how much you can eat (alone). There is this saying that Quality trumps Quantity and that's what I am talking about. Trying different variety of food is also an activity via which a person can show their love. And I preach so much because I fall into that category.
The category of persons who love ordering and tasting different things but too scared to do so because they don't wanna waste food and be a threat to the society. ( No , that didn't escalate. Food wastage is an endemic we can ill afford)
Writing is how I express emotions. And what better emotion to express about than the express one I have towards food? I am going to share the pictures of and give reviews of the yum food I tasted in the awesome restaurants I happened to visit in the last few days. Belt up! The ride is fun , I swear.


1.  IDDOS , KOTHRUD , PUNE

check it here
4 feet dosa


GHEE RIDDEN PONGAL

MOLGAPODI IDLI

FILTER KAAPI


Okay. Now that I have your eyeballs glued to the screen , let me begin. After a month of spending time away from home , nothing speaks to you more than your home food. South India is where I come from and IDDOS is hands down the best restaurant to have south Indian food in Pune. While the likes of Vaishali and Wadeshwar suffer from a case of severe overratedness , Iddos goes about serving awesome food quietly. 
Things to eat : 
1) 4 feet dosa : Crispy , looong dosa with yummy tomato chutney. The sambhar wasn't that great but better than most. They also serve coconut and green chutney. Didn't like the green chutney. 
2) Pongal : One of the few places which serve pongal in Pune. If you're a fan of ghee you're in for a big treat! Just melts in your mouth :') 
3) Molagapodi idli : Tiny button idlis marinated and drenched in chilly powder is just what you need to lift your day to the next level
4) Filter coffee: Nowhere near my grandmom's coffee :P but way better than your garden variety bru. Seeing the manual filter and davara tumbler ( cup and saucer) set just lifts your heart.

2. Picantos Mexican Grill , Aundh , Pune : 
check it here
Went with the whole squad

Creamy chicken Mini bowl and chicken enchiladas

Tacos

Cinnamon dusted churros in chocolate sauce

A nice restaurant to go with your friends. They had games like monopoly , scrabble and Uno. Also , they served very quickly when we kept hitting them with volume,
What to try : 
1) Cheesy chicken mini bowl : Surprisingly fresh for the amount of cheese involved , lots of fresh veggies , chicken , rice and of course cheese! 
2) Tacos: Yummy tortilla shells stuffed with the perfect blend of kidney beans , chicken , tomato salsa and sauce! Dish of the day
3) Chicken Enchiladas: Jam packed with flavor and cheese. This one is a keeper!
4) Churros: An interesting eat. While the churros and chocolate sauce were yum , your affinity towards cinnamon ultimately decides if this dish is a hit or a miss. 


What I am having today :- 
So the cook took a holiday today. So ordered in bomber chicken burger with coke from Rush hrs , kothrud , Pune! I shall update on that soon.

Comments

  1. Wadeshwar and Vaishali were good when I was there, so was Rupali. Guess, things change over time and was a regular at Savera, too! I remember Iddos when I last visited. Pune food is always lovely and yummy. How I miss those places! Have you been to Blue Nile? How is the food now?

    https://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2016/08/04/chai-gossip-sharing-happiness-and-food/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rupali is mildly better than vaishali. Wadeshwar has decent dosas and haven't been to savera here. No , i haven't been to Blue nile either.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are highly appreciated

All time popular posts

ek gaon mein ek kisan raghu thatha! :P

It's been a week in Pune already!! :O
and believe it or not  - I have fallen in love with this city! <3
or maybe it is just another one of my defense mechanisms , protecting me from shocks. Whatever this is , it has aroused me enough, to write a post! So let me finish this before reality sinks in .
( Side note :

  Defense mechanisms are pretty intriguing . Do you know that I haven't cried a single tear drop yet? My friends think it is some kind of sacrilegious blasphemy from my  part. But hey! If pessimists argue that I have effectively ended one life , I argue back that I have just started a new one :) I do miss chennai . However , I am not going to go gaga over it. Okay I just did . )
I haven't had much chance to discover the city in its entirety yet. But , from whatever I have seen - it is fresh , green , pleasant and mindnumbingly beautiful :')

So here it is . The elusive list of things I have noticed about Pune and my new life in general :

1) I was never a nat…

Mayil will not be quiet!

Just a line - Mayil Should Not Be quiet!
Once upon a time , 1 year ago a girl called Mayil Ganesan got an amateurish diary and lucky us got a chance to peek inside it!!

Are you the cases who read TOO much of serious/violent and heavy books and want to have a light break? Are you a pre teen / teen / just above teen  or a human being who wants fun? Read ' Mayil will not be quiet' a contemporary , funny bookiary from Niveditha Subramaniam and Sowmya Rajendran!
If you are thinking what happened to Semi, talking about girly pinky books!
Point no. 1 Girls that too teenage girls have a very complicated heads which I feel is way more interesting than male heads!
Point no.2 The Book is not pinky , it is blue.....PEACOCK BLUE, I would have to say that the cover is funky and gethu!

Moving on to the story , the protagonist is Mayil a to be 13 teen girl , who faces all the problems she has to face in this age! There is Thamarai , her brother , who 'seems' adorable ( brothers always s…

Friendship Matters

Someone to live for, care for , to create words for ( like goyakamoya)  , write a blog for and wait for – ever. Someone to beat , meddle , abuse , fight and love , care , occasionally hug , use magic words on  because you can DO it . Unveiling something that is always there and laid bare open – Friendship and introducing the homo sapien who can bear it – the FRIEND!







I don’t want be funny because I always am ; I want to grow tall because I am so short ; I want some alone time because I am so full of friends! All these three hypothesis have been researched on =P and have proved to have turned into disasters! Sometimes controlling nature is just not possible.....I am destined to be tormented by all the love from these lovely creatures! OK start hating me now , but I have research and scientific data to prove that you will patch up within  3 days because :
*I am soo funny * I am semi *I have the goofy face to melt your heart
So yeah , I push it to my limits to offend you guys! Yet I am …