OK, I know I am too young to write a guide - I am 15 years and 1 day old. However I do have experiences a normal 15 yr old wouldn't have. Lets have it this way.....I knew it was fire , played with it , enjoyed it , tried to escape it by throwing oil on it and finally got burnt.
At least I know how to evade the mosquitoes on these sites - I accept they are not that dangerous looking. They occasionally bite , but that bite can sometimes cause dengue or chickungunya - which is life threatening , so it best to enact the pest control.
- I would say that avoiding the breeding ground for mosquitoes is the most important method. Why open a sewer then blame the mosquitoes for coming? If you don't want strangers, the best thing is to USE the privacy settings. People think that being discreet is not cool , even I accept that. The whole point of social networking is to interact - all I am saying is, have display pictures , millions of photos , statuses , activity , heck everything! but enact the Privacy Settings ( am talking fb) , show all your info to only friends , remember if you SHOW nothing to strangers they wouldn't bother you! I actually suggest you people to hide your relationship status! That is the best way no stranger would send us requests , instead if you are all provocative with 'looking for women , men' heck. you lose the right to moan about spam torture.
- In case of those friends whom youdon't know really much - it maybe rude - but for safety's sake , block them from photos and other things which you might find kinda personal.....( what the hell is 'personal' stuff doing on Facebook in the first place?)
- If you're idiotic or unlucky enough , you will get a stranger on your fb list once in a while. This is what I like to call Hit spray =P ( like pepper spray) I am not talking about you adding them wantedly ( that may also happen occasionally) this is more like- all of a sudden in your adding spree you would have just seen 34 mutual friends and added him/her (?) In my case when I started checking mutual friends - they were so dumb - like A.R Rahman ( =P) , some alumni and other school friend!!
- What do you do if he sends you a message? Actually,it all depends on the message - in many cases just a 'hi' where you would feel rude not to reply. I have had all scenarios - if you Don't reply it is most likely that he would give up , sometimes with abusive and personal messages , I suggest you to be selectively Blind and delete those pests IMMEDIATELY. If you play along you would find that guys are the most fake people on earth!You would seriously understand this when you have seen a 100 rude boys in the school and this guy on the net is sending all the sweet stuff. Hit the mosquito and enjoy the blood , don't let it suck everything out of you. You WILL find that they want to know everything about you , and all they reveal is a vague school name , city name and their number!
- NUMBER . Oh gosh I almost Forgot , never give them your NUMBER - it's suicide. At least in the net we have the safety of blocking them. Seriously if they have your number , they would torture you with their unlimited sms package and send you cheesy messages which is enough to blow off a hundred semis. I was too intelligent to not give my no. - cozz I didn't have one B) :P
- If the Mosquito has caused big damage , if you know if the malaria shivers are nearing ,it's time to report. It may seem insane to tell your parents about it. But you need to , you should at least save them from the embarrassment of a stranger telling them! It is also a 2 way bonus- they get to Save you , you get to show them that you are honest (at least at the most important point of time)- not necessarily completely honest.
Semi aka bodo