Skip to main content

Dilemma : distractions vs examinations!


 Before typing anything else- this is my 35th post! The no. is significant for me as  I have those many classmates in my current section - 10 B .I would like to dedicate this to each one of them - although 9th was way better - they became too nerdy for my liking this year - still I will really miss them and dedicate this for them! :)







So now the Examinations are gonna start in 3 days and I have had 14 days of study holidays which I have used up - idk if wisely or foolishly and have completed some important lessons. However I do not feel very happy about the way I have studied in the given gracious amount of time! WHY? coz of Distractions - human made and nature made! =D


  • TV :                                                                                                                                                            The great idiot box will easily feature in anyone's distraction list! That too with the coming of Dexter , world cup and millions of mind blowing movies it sure did distract , I didn't watch it THAT much , but I remember once  when I started watching 2 and 1/2 men and ended up watching Detroit 187 ,Simpsons and friends without a break. If I had studied as sincerely as I watched TV I would have got a century in all subjects from 1st - 10th std ( cricket influences speech too)

  • Blog!:                                                                                                                                                         I cannot bring myself to call it a distraction - but that is the truth. However it is the most useful , productive and important distraction I had during this time. I posted only 1 post in this time - love story part 2 . However my increasing reading list ( and interesting) has left me many hours behind my exam schedule. Also , I used up so much time thinking about 1 particular blog topic - which is yet to be published , although I used to think only when while I was bathing , eating , sleeping and watching tv ( which is just about what I actually did =P ) 
  • working?! :                                                                                                                                                            However extra ordinary it sounds I did help my grand mother with some household work! Well...not voluntarily ......she screamed at me a million times and I would have looked very offensive if I did not - what did I exactly do? - when the maid bunked ( which is almost everyday) - I mopped the house thank god no one broke anything ( it was that wet!) , hung the clothes in the sun ( which is unpleasant in this hot summer , my legs burnt ) , went to the shop ( which is actually fun! You can usurp some money =P ) and had to switch all the lights off ( which is not as easy as it sounds , because my father , grand father , mother ,brother heck! everyone leaves it ON!!) These were the times that I actually felt that I was wasting my time and constantly warning my grand mother that if I fail in the exams it is her fault =P

  • Books:                                                                                                                                                                                                             I read the following books during the study hols : hotel (master piece), girls in tears ( my first ever pinky book . which was pretty lame ) , a wonderful new book called Mayil will not be quiet!!! I really love that book!!! and now I am in the process of reading ' all creatures big and small' by James Herriot which is so from the heart that I want to read continuously but sadly the exams are restricting me from that! This is reason enough why i am lagging behind my schedule! If  I start a book I can't concentrate in studies until I finish the book. eg. I couldn't stop myself from reading a book called ' a place called freedom' 1 day before the math revision exam! ( that's called guts!) 

  • Texting:                                                                                                                                              Well , this is not exactly the perfect time to steal you mother's phone and make it your number. I dont know why but I did it!! So when I am in the act of studying my annoying message alert screams! Tada I have to reply! Actually I do enjoy doing this.......but wrong timing right?

  • Talking:                                                                                                                                               If texting is a sin , I am committing a  murder by speaking on the phone! I don't know why , what and how but I somehow manage to never stop speaking on the phone till it becomes too late for me to study. The worst part is I have to feel guilty for having fun! Shivani - I think I spoke with her for atleast 20 hrs this 14 days , Poori - all I can say is more than that =P 



  • World Cup :                                                                                                                                               This is what I call tragedy! God has manufactured this distraction so that I would fail in the exams! Woah! Surely I am not missing the world cup for this STUPID exams! I watch all the matches I can =P , play the fantasy league thing on cricinfo , discuss about the matches India played ( last one is too much! Ind vs SA )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

    Even writing about distraction is a distraction nowadays! After proof reading this I feel guiltier than ever!! A good therapy for wasting time! From now on exam mode turned - ON ! Bye!






Comments

  1. Love this! :)
    You're SO talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!!
    Really, i'd love to waste study time and fail if i were reading this! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wrote this at *1:43 AM* ?!!?
    You're crazzy =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol!the clock's lying =P It is PM for god's sakr! =D
    and Mr.Bhaskar the purpose of this post is to avoid these disruptions not follow them =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1:43 sounds chill its the best time to study, because everybody is asleep and no distractions :P
    NICE STUFF semi :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are highly appreciated

All time popular posts

ek gaon mein ek kisan raghu thatha! :P

It's been a week in Pune already!! :O
and believe it or not  - I have fallen in love with this city! <3
or maybe it is just another one of my defense mechanisms , protecting me from shocks. Whatever this is , it has aroused me enough, to write a post! So let me finish this before reality sinks in .
( Side note :

  Defense mechanisms are pretty intriguing . Do you know that I haven't cried a single tear drop yet? My friends think it is some kind of sacrilegious blasphemy from my  part. But hey! If pessimists argue that I have effectively ended one life , I argue back that I have just started a new one :) I do miss chennai . However , I am not going to go gaga over it. Okay I just did . )
I haven't had much chance to discover the city in its entirety yet. But , from whatever I have seen - it is fresh , green , pleasant and mindnumbingly beautiful :')

So here it is . The elusive list of things I have noticed about Pune and my new life in general :

1) I was never a nat…

Mayil will not be quiet!

Just a line - Mayil Should Not Be quiet!
Once upon a time , 1 year ago a girl called Mayil Ganesan got an amateurish diary and lucky us got a chance to peek inside it!!

Are you the cases who read TOO much of serious/violent and heavy books and want to have a light break? Are you a pre teen / teen / just above teen  or a human being who wants fun? Read ' Mayil will not be quiet' a contemporary , funny bookiary from Niveditha Subramaniam and Sowmya Rajendran!
If you are thinking what happened to Semi, talking about girly pinky books!
Point no. 1 Girls that too teenage girls have a very complicated heads which I feel is way more interesting than male heads!
Point no.2 The Book is not pinky , it is blue.....PEACOCK BLUE, I would have to say that the cover is funky and gethu!

Moving on to the story , the protagonist is Mayil a to be 13 teen girl , who faces all the problems she has to face in this age! There is Thamarai , her brother , who 'seems' adorable ( brothers always s…

Friendship Matters

Someone to live for, care for , to create words for ( like goyakamoya)  , write a blog for and wait for – ever. Someone to beat , meddle , abuse , fight and love , care , occasionally hug , use magic words on  because you can DO it . Unveiling something that is always there and laid bare open – Friendship and introducing the homo sapien who can bear it – the FRIEND!







I don’t want be funny because I always am ; I want to grow tall because I am so short ; I want some alone time because I am so full of friends! All these three hypothesis have been researched on =P and have proved to have turned into disasters! Sometimes controlling nature is just not possible.....I am destined to be tormented by all the love from these lovely creatures! OK start hating me now , but I have research and scientific data to prove that you will patch up within  3 days because :
*I am soo funny * I am semi *I have the goofy face to melt your heart
So yeah , I push it to my limits to offend you guys! Yet I am …